Image description

Useful Information About the School

St. Gerard’s Catholic Primary School was opened on November 5th, 1928, and is situated in a quiet cul-de-sac behind St. Gerard’s Church in Thrybergh.

On 1st July 2013 St Gerard’s became aCatholicVoluntaryAcademy and, along with St Bernard’sCatholicHigh School and four other local Catholic primary schools in the St Bernard’s Learning Community, became part of the Holy Spirit Academy Trust.

 

Building

The school is set in a semi-rural location. The building is two-storey with two classes on the lower floor, and three classes on the upper floor.

 

There is a hall which is used for a variety of purposes; P.E., assemblies, concerts, social functions and dining. The school kitchen is situated at the back of the hall. The school has a separate computer suite as well as a set of laptops for use in the classrooms. All classes are linked to the Internet and have interactive whiteboards. All classrooms are maintained to a high standard.

 

The school has a large playing field which is used for games, athletics and football. In suitable weather it is used as a lunchtime play area. In addition to this, there are two playground areas, a parent/visitor car park and a staff car park. There is also a new garden area the children have access to under staff supervision.




St. Gerard's Catholic Primary School